Friday, January 15, 2010

What love is...

Last night, I was reading something by Deiter F. Uchtdorf. He is one of my all-time FAVORITE people. As I was reading I discovered what love is and I thought I would share that,
"Love is the guiding light that illuminates the disciple's path and fills our daily walk with life, meaning, and wonder. Love is the measure of faith, the inspiration for our obedience and the true altitude of our discipleship. Love is the way of the disciple."
I thought this was a great description, Not only about God -Which Uchtdorf was talking about- But about everything, Love is the thing that offers hope in difficult times, its the thing that holds families and friends together through times of hardships.
I've been learning a lot of things lately, sometimes things don't go according to plan, sometimes you can't fix everything, no matter how hard you try, sometimes people are cruel and sometimes people tear your hopes apart. But there are always the people that love you to fall back on. I am so grateful for those people around me who fight to keep it together, the people who ALWAYS stick around no matter what you do, even though it may be hard.

1 comment:

mikestribe said...

I love you. You are right. A true disciple follows in the footsteps of Christ, even when it's not the easy thing to do and he was the master of love.