Sunday, October 18, 2009

Liberty Tour!

This is going to be a super long post... so if your not much of a reader I would suggest that you skip all my random writing and scroll down to the pictures, they're pretty much self explanatory.
First of all, many of you know that I wanted to be a flight attendant, this was my first plane ride, and it was the make or break point on my carreer choice. Good news. I loooove flying :).
We went to a ton of places. First stop was Boston, we got there at night so we went up to a sky walk in this huge building and took tons of pictures, we ate, and we went to the hotel, where me and my roommates got minimal amounts of sleep. (which became the routine for EVERY night)
The next day we woke up bright and early and went down the freedom trail... and let me just mention here that I have been kind of sick for two weeks. It was FREEZING, and since its so hot here I had a light coat. So It was pretty torturous, but worth it. It was really fun and I learned a lot. Then we went to "Old Ironsides". The navy boys there were really nice and funny... and cute. Then we had dinner at a delicious Italian place. Then the hotel... and minimal amounts of sleep.
The next morning, we packed up, and left for Plymouth. All of us fell asleep whenever we sat down, and sometimes even standing up. But it was really fun with all the people who were role playing. We went to the Mayflower and the beach and had a blast there. We then departed for New York. Long bus ride, lots of sleep :). We went to the Empire State Building, rode to the top, and unfortunately, all my pictures were very blurry.
Thursday we went to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty. I didn't know that the Statue of Liberty was so small. Whenever she is in movies she looks HUGE but I suppose thats all due to camera angles. It was very rainy that day so I tried to stay inside gift shops or historical buildings all day because I was sooo cold. We went to Manhatttan and took a tour of the Downtown area. Then we went to dinner at Juniors. And left for Wicked. It really was amazing, and a lot of the people in our group flipped out about it for the following two days.
We went down fifth avenue the next morning, I went with my friend Michael instead of with my roommates because I'm not really much of a shopper, and I don't find extreme pleasure in looking at over priced objects that I really have no desire for. Anyways, it was really really fun and then we went to dinner and to times square. We didn't sleep at all that night. I curled four girls hair throughout the night.
We walked through Central Park the last day, and the Metropolitan museum... too many nude statues for my taste... Thats pretty much the gist of my whole week :) Lots of info I know... Hope you weren't too bored. :)



1 comment:

The other sister said...

Wasn't it amazing?!!! Looks like you had a great time. I thought Wicked was awesome, too. Especially Pop-U-Lar. Glad you made it home in one piece.