Sunday, May 29, 2011

A Memorable Adventure

As most of you have heard, I got engaged last night!!!
Many have asked for the story, and I'm just going to post it here, I figure it will be easiest for everyone. So last night Shaine asked me to go off roading with him, his sister Britney, his brothers Bryan and Chase and Bryans girlfriend Bethany. I almost made an excuse not to go because I like to ride, but they like to drive up and shoot guns, which is not one of my favorite things. It's just not enjoyable to me at all.
But I said yes regardless, I like to spend time with Shaine and I hardly ever get to see Brit. We drove a long while all the way up to 4 Peaks and Shaine kept saying he wanted to try and drive up several paths which made me a little nervous cause I didn't want to get stuck. But we got to where they wanted to shoot and Brit got out of the truck and Shaine asked me if I wanted to go down one of the trails with him. I reluctantly said yes.
We went down this very narrow rough path and then he pretended to get the truck stuck in a rivet in the road. I was a little frustrated cause generally Shaine knows the limits of where to drive. He got out and I offered to get out too to help but he said he was just gonna check. He got out his tool box and looked at the back tires and then called for me to come back, all the while I'm thinking, "Now Shaine is going to see my lack of strength as we try to push this truck out." I walked around the back and Shaine was kneeling with a little box. This is the ring :)
Then we went back to where we left his siblings and when we got to where Bryans truck was no one was there, but then Bryan appeared out of the brush wearing a sunday shirt and at that point I was getting a little suspicious. He very properly led us to a table they had set up with a nice table cloth, champagne glasses, candles and a bottle of sparkling grape juice in a bucket of ice. The only problem was that it was extremely windy. So our glasses kept spilling all over us and the candles had to be put down and then when they brought desert out (cheesecake with drizzled chocolate and strawberries) everytime I took a bite my hair would in my mouth WITH the cheesecake. It was perfect. :)

4 comments:

Cami said...

adorable!

Maelani Johnson said...

Oh Emilee Ruth that was absolutely perfect and wonderful :) I bet you are the happiest girl in the world right now!! I'm so so so so happy for you I cannot say it enough :)

Haeley P said...

YAY Emilee!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

-Haeley

gingembre@q.com said...

Unfortunately, someone posted a comment, that showed a lack of class and consideration for others. We apologize for offending anyone. This blog will be going private soon. Please feel free to contact Emilee if you wish to participate in her blog. Sadly, someone is very angry and choose to say so with a total lack of taste.
Ginger