Today, my sincerest and most genuine love is the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I am excited beyond comprehension to go to the temple
and start my eternal family
with a worthy priesthood holder whom I love and adore.
and start my eternal family
with a worthy priesthood holder whom I love and adore.
I am so grateful for the blessing that I have to be with my family
forever.
forever.
Eternity is an incomprehensible amount of time to me.
But I could not imagine spending it with anyone
other than my amazing family who I am so very blessed to have.
other than my amazing family who I am so very blessed to have.
My parents and ALL of my siblings are such a joy to me.
I could never be more grateful for anything else in my life.
I know this gospel is true.
Even though people may mock me or scorn me for my decision to be a Mormon,
A member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
Even though people may mock me or scorn me for my decision to be a Mormon,
A member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
I know without a doubt that it is true.
People keep asking me if I am afraid to be married.
The answer is no.
HOWEVER
HOWEVER
I am terrified to be a mother.
I am so scared that I will not be adequate for the children that I bring into this world,
scared that I will not have the patience and love that they will need and deserve.
I am scared to be responsible to educate them with the beliefs that I know to be true.
I am scared to be responsible to educate them with the beliefs that I know to be true.
It is such a scary thing to think about.
The only hope I have through all these fears is
that I can follow the examples of all the great mothers that are around me.
that I can follow the examples of all the great mothers that are around me.
Especially my amazing mother.
I can only hope to be to my children what she has been to me.
My best friend.
3 comments:
beautiful.
we are truly blessed.
Well, Em... It sounds to me like you will be the best mother ever. Aspire for greatness, and I do believe that you will not fall short. You will never be prepared for parenthood, you just do the best you can and at the end of the day let it all go.
I love you.
Love your testimony. You are such beautiful girl, and I know someday you will make a wonderful mother!
Post a Comment