As most of you probably know, decorating, craftiness, creativity and anything related to those are not my strong suits. I can't look at something and think of how I can make it cuter/better. I'm not one to stroll through a craft store and get excited about the things I could create. It has never been one of my talents but I believe that talents can be developed and that maybe this will put me on my way!
Here is a picture of the nursery a week ago, I finally put all the furniture together and in their spots, I am going to have curtains and a blue cushion on the changing table and I'll be hanging a shelf on one of the walls for some stuffed animals that we have. It's getting there. :)
My friend Shaleice told me about this store Once Upon a Child and said that it was amazing because all of the clothes were in perfect condition and they were dirt cheap! By the way, you should scope out her blog, she is VERY crafty and is also expecting a little boy next year.
Anyways, Shaine and I ventured to the store on Wednesday and found some adorable things on the clearance rack -$1 each!- and a few things on their regular racks. We ended up spending about $15 and ended up with all this cuteness:
Pinterest has been helping me with all my baby needs, what does a baby really need? What do I need to buy? How can I decorate his nursery so it is adorable? A while ago I saw something similar to the following project and I had to do it. It looked like a simple, cheap, fun thing that I thought would add a nice touch to my baby boy's nursery.
My mother and I ventured to Hobby Lobby and found some letters, not exactly what I wanted but they would work. I wanted it to be taller so we also bought a flower pot for me to mount it on. After that, the painting began:
Once everything was all dried and I finally got a hold of a nail gun I nailed each letter to a wooden dowel that I bought at Home Depot. I staggered the letters because I like em better that way. ;)
Then Shaine helped me mount it in the pot so that it would stand up straight on it's own and it is now in the nursery! I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out considering that I was expecting the worst. All in all, I'm a little more willing to try some crafty things and maybe I will be able to develop a talent for it, we will see!





3 comments:
When I'm married and all pregnant, can you come decorate my children's rooms? And Porter? I LOVE IT!
Your craftiness is just starting to peek out. It'll be fun to see where it takes you.
Looks awesome!
And kudos on the smart clothes shopping!
Post a Comment